I’ve always loved jewellery because sparkle and bling is my kryptonite! I was on ASOS the other day and saw they had some fantastic deals and packages on so thought I’d splash out a bit. And with this new trend of chunky bracelets and mixing all types of jewellery together, I had to get in in the fad!
Recently, I had a little accident and was feeling a little bit sorry for myself! (nothing serious.. I think) I decided the best cure was.. SHOPPING!
I bought a few bits on the Internet and 1 thing today when I went out and thought I’d share them! They’re very autumnal and Fall inspired!
Vero Moda Very Blazer With Faux Leather Lapels
RRP £110.00 On sale for£60.00
Dorothy Perkins purchases:
Heart Pyramid Rings
This bag I got is no longer available but something similar
My favourite jewellery:
It happened and I’m sorry! I needed some retail therapy after a horrible week! Wasn’t in the best of moods so took advantage of an hour I had free to do anything with and naturally.. Chose to test the strength of my card!
At the moment Soap and Glory/ Boots have a sale on 3 for 2 products so I picked up their hand food! I have the larger version which I got in their Christmas romper pack that they did but that’s way too big for my handbag! I grabbed these smaller tubes which cost £2.50 each so I got 3 for £5! This stuff smells great and is not greasy! I hate hands creams which attract dust to your hands like a magnet! But this dries instantly leaving a light and moisturise feeling with a lovely fresh scent.
Boots are also doing buy 1 get one half price on their make up tools so I grabbed myself some Real Technique brushes! I got the blusher brush and the stippling brush! I’m loving these at the moment and I’ve used nothing else since I got them (future blog post coming up).
I then popped over to Accessorize! I love this place! The people who were in their stores are always friendly and their stock is great! You all know I’m a fan of rings so treated myself! I got the black stone ring because I loved the expensive look of it! I find Accessorize rings last AGES and I’ve never had one go green either so I love picking one or two in time for the current trend! The silver leaf one is silver plated! I was looking for a ring to wear everyday when I’m not feeling up to a statement design and this looks elegant, delicate and is a lovely design!
St. Marcasite leaf ring £14
I also got this lovely perfume from Accessorize! It’s called enchanted and smells divine! A very floral and slightly musky smell but it’s not overpowering and is perfect for day to day (if you wear perfume out as i don’t for religious reasons.. This is just another one for my bed and teddy to smell)!
I love the quirky things in Accessorize and grabbed the mini wipes at the counter! I love strawberry and these were perfect to keep in my hand handbag! They also do cherry ones! Then I saw this notepad and just had to get it! I needed something to take notes on at work and for my blog and this is the perfect size! Not too small so you can’t see but not so big your bag should have a licence!
The bangle is from H&M! I LOVE HAYCH AND EM! Their jewellery sits my scrawny wrists and fingers! I love the way they often do bangles in different sizes! I would love to wear oversized bangles but from most stores they usually go right up to my shoulder so when I saw this bangle, I grabbed it! I love the design, size and the clasp which means I don’t get sore hands from squeezing it on!
Let the obsession begin!!!
I’ve been absolutely loving Rose Gold since the start of the year where I found tonnes of Jewellery shops in Dubai full of it!
It’s the perfect colour to wear with anything and it’s like another version of silver for me! It hasn’t yet reached the UK high street with a bang but I’m sure it will as there is plenty of demand for it! If you find gold too garish and silver clashes, then rose gold is definitely the one for you!
I found these rings from an eBay seller “own_theparty” and they have a lot of variety! I find them to be the perfect cocktail rings! And they were really cheap as well.. Ranging from £1.99- £3.99!
These shoes were from Marks and Spencer for £25! They’re comfy and flattering flats which will look good with any outfit! I like the detail on the back and the chain across the back of it is a nice edgy touch!
The watch was from Asos and originally £40! But not for me!! I found a random eBay seller a while back selling this for £15 so I grabbed it whilst I could! It’s the perfect oversized size and I like round clock faces too so this was perfect! Keep an eye out on eBay for it cause I’ve seen a few sellers with it! If you have more of a budget.. Kenneth Cole and Michael Kors do really nice watches too!
Who knows.. May be it’ll become so big they’ll start using rose gold medals instead of gold in the Olympics!
If there is one thing in the world I can’t live without.. it’s a bit of bling! I love jewellery and everything that comes with it! The drama, elegance, and femininity.. It fabulous!
I always get compliments on the jewellery I wear and especially my rings. I have quite the collection so thought I would show you guys some of the stash I have!
Hints and tips*
- If you have short and rounded fingers whereby you find your wear a Large size ring however the tips of your fingers go skinnier and you have short nails, avoid going for large and cocktail style rings. Instead, opt for smaller and more delicate rings! Don’t worry thought.. Add a bit of drama by going for bold colours and intricate designs. You know those rings that come in stacks of 3s, 4s, 5s etc.. Go for them and wear them individually! Visit ASOS and they have a large variety with gorgeous designs
- If you have long and skinny fingers and you find that most rings are big for you, go for large and bold rings which will widen out your hands a bit and make them look fuller. You’re actually at an advantage though cause most ring types will look fantastic on you. If you do wish to go for something elegant and small, try to paint your nails a bold colour and this will enhance the simple design of your jewellery.
- If you have Medium sized fingers but quite a lot of skin on your fingers, don’t go for small designs at all as often, rings can look too tight on your fingers and I’ve seen so many people with red and painful looking hands because their rings don’t fit them. Go for mid sized rings with a pattern, design, large stone etc as these will compliment your lovely fingers more.
- MAKE SURE YOUR NAILS ARE CLEAN! I always ensure my hands are clean and have a nail file attached to my keys, in my make up bag, in my car and my bedroom, so there is no excuse for my hands to have anything dirty on them.
- If you find you have stained fingers from nail varnish colours such as a red and pink, dip your fingers in a centimetre of nail varnish remover for 20 seconds. If you have painful skin around your fingers, cuts or grazes or your finger nails are brittle.. Avoid this completely as it’s not worth the pain. Just scrub them VERY gently with a dish scourer when you wash the dishes next :)
Hands are a gorgeous part of a woman! No matter how insecure you feel about your face, body or weight, your hands are what you use every day in your life with interaction whilst talking, touching, interacting.. EVERYTHING! All hands are gorgeous and you can make your hands look nice without having to spend thousands of pounds and dollars on them.. Don’t just make them look good for yourself but see the reaction of your other half. Every time I have a nice nail varnish colour on my nails, Mr. A always compliments them and can’t resist giving my hands a feel. Wearing rings and jewellery is just another way to enhance them.. HAPPY DAYS!
THE RULE IS SIMPLE.. Just treat them clean and keep them keen!