Although 2013 was a good year for my beauty regime, there were a few beauty products which did let me down a bit! This isn’t to say that they wouldn’t work on other people, but I thought it would be good to show what products don’t suit me!
* When I got this dry shampoo, I was hoping that it would help with ‘hijab hair’ that us Hijabi’s get after wearing a scarf all day! It’s superb at adding a bit of volume and reviving limp hair but it left an AWFUL white cast on my hair! I looked like an old lady! I know they do a spray specifically for brunette’s, so I may just have to try that!
* With this product, I was so excited to try if after I had bought it because I loved the colour, however, I should have known better! Cream blushes and me have a notorious relationship because they don’t last on me unless I set them with a powder! This was the only cream blush I got this year but I feel as though although its cream-to-powder formulation, it does nothing and wears off momentarily! Was a waste of money to be honest!
* This was actually more of an impulse purchase which didn’t work out! I was with someone who said they swear by it and because I had heard so much about it, I was crazy to try it however, it took me ages to figure out what colour I was, how to apply it and now.. To finish it! It’s really cakey and thick and also I feel as though the shade is off! It creases really badly and when I try to set it, it makes my under eyes look dry.. Very strange product for me!
* This was one of the first ever products I have tried from Eyeko! I was so excited to try it because I loved using my L’Oreal Perfect Slim eyeliner and really got into the felt tip eyeliner method! However, this was really dry the second time I used it even though I stored it nib face down! It’s really black and has a good applicator but the product was just dry and really hard to revive! It was so dry, it was tugging at my eyes! I’m don’t know if I got a bad one or whether they’re all bad however, I’m still open to trying Eyeko products.. No hard feelings!
* When it comes to lipgloss, last year was a big shiny mess for me! I tried so many glosses ranging from £1 to £20 and by far and beyond, I was disappointed the most by this one! It is Soooooooo strong, it made my lips feel like I had had anaesthetic injections in them! It was really painful and I didn’t feel as though my lips had changed in the slightest in size! When I apply it on top of lipstick, I can’t tell I even have gloss on! It’s a nice colour and has a good finish and pigment, but it’s hard to wear!
* This nail varnish colour is AMAZING! I love this red because it’s a true red and not orange nor blue toned! It looks good on any skin tone and is so beautiful to apply! It has a big brush and the colour is super pigmented BUT it stains my nails SOOOOO bad! It took me months to grow out the colour because it just wouldn’t fade off! I never applied a base coat but the staining was so bad, I’m not sure if an average base coat would protect my nails! It’s like war paint!