With the holiday season and so many preparations going on, the short days with daylight saving are proving no good for our nails!
I’ve always done my nails before I go to bed whilst I drink my hot chocolate and they always dry before I drift off to sleep, so I thought if show you guys how I do my nails tonight, preparing for all the events I have planned for the coming Christmas week!
You’ll need but a few tools and the process is simple and easy! Read until the end to see what my twist is on this pretty common nail look.
One of the most common colours for Xmas time is red. But with so many people wearing black and elegant dark dresses, Grey is the perfect alternative to a normally common red colour. It looks good on even short nails as mine are and it’s so easy to wear, no matter what your skin tone. I love this shade called Hazy by Rimmel because its creamy and rich.. Plus it’s speed dry so perfect for using before bed so you don’t sleep and scratch it!
Here’s some easy to follow steps:
1. Use a nail file to clean your nails out of the grub like stuffing and cake.
2. Cut your nails if you need to but personally I have never cut my nails and I only ever file them because nails get brittle when you cut them.
3. File your nails to a shape which you like and for me that’s square shape because it makes your fingers look longer and slimmer. I like using metal files because they are so quick to use and don’t wear out.
4. Lets start with the nail varnish and I always use a base coat! My favourite at the moment is the Sally Hansen Miracle Nail Thickener because its a nice thin and shiny layer beneath your nails which works to make your nails stronger.. Perfect for my weak nails!
5. The colour process begins! I start with a thin layer of colour and paint one whole hand and then move on to tj next, I then go on to the second layer after I’ve finished the other hand. Two coats is more than enough!
6. I then like to use a top coat because it helps to keep the polish on for longer. I got this Nails Inc. caviar top coat in a glossy box and like it because it dries fairly quickly and improves the longevity of my nail varnish for a few extra days which is perfect for someone like me.
7. My twist.. GLITTER! Everyone loves glitter! And I love this glitter by Rimmel because its small and matches my nail varnish perfectly! By just adding this into the tip, it gives just a hint of sparkle without the whole BANG of disco ball ;) pun intended!
And that’s it! Stick two coats of the glitter on though.. Because I like it doubled up..