I’m not the biggest fan of MAC, if i’m honest.. HOWEVER! Some of their products are truly unique. When i buy make up, I look for things that no other company has. Price isn’t so much of an issue for me as I have a wide mixture of low-end, mid-end and high-end brands. When i find something that is on offer or that i find is really good value for money, I snap it up! But i’m not afraid to spend a little on something, too.
I was thinking about what brand to show my collection of and chose MAC cause i have the perfect amount of products to do a decent sized post on and also.. Cause i think i have some of their staple pieces! Matched with the fact that they are available worldwide WOO!
HERE IT GOESSSSSSS.
- MAC Studio Tech Foundation which i have in NC20 and NW30. I don’t tan.. It’s a curse i know and i like to give the illusion that i am. So i keep the lighter shade for the winter and mix them both together in the summer for a healthy glow. I’m not a cool tone or warm tone and so sometimes with MAC, i end up getting 2 foundations :( The foundation i have in the compact form and it ‘s lovely! I think blending it in with your fingers works the best though as it is so creamy it needs a little help or doesn’t sink into your skin well but it’s the perfect coverage and looks flawless!
- MAC Matchmaster Foundation and i’m in 1.0 and this is more like it MAC! Finally, a mixture of both NC and NW and this colour is fantastic! The foundation is creamy and can sometimes feel quite heavy too.. but it you mix it with a bit of your primer or face cream.. it’s a dream!
- MAC Studio Fix Foundation which i have in NW25 and it is way too dark for me! The foundation however is really thick so using a light hand, i use my Real Techniques Buffing Brush and buff it onto my skin and it looks really nice. It’s good in summer cause it’s matte and with a little the natural oils that gather in your face in the heat, it goes dewy. That’s another thing about me.. I don’t like dewy foundations in summer because as you “perspire” you get so much oil and sweat on your face you look like a disco ball! So i use a matte or powder foundation cause its a neutral balance :)
- MAC Lustre Drops… Highlight… AMAZING… In foundation or on cheek bones. I got Pink Rebel.. What else can i say.. It’s as good as everyone says it to be. Because its cream.. It won’t fall all over your cheeks or smudge.. It’ll set and looks brilliant. And they have some amazing shades
- MAC LIPSTICKS! I LOVE! Their formulas are amazing, creamy and long lasting and their smell! I LOVE THAT SMELL! I only have a few but thats only because i get so overwhelmed by their zillions of colours! Angel, shy girl, sequin, faux, impassioned, patisserie are some of my faves! Sequin’s a weird one but i really like it on me! Its like a copper brown colour. I’ve always wanted a brown but never found one that looked good on me. a dupe for sequin is Clinique Bamboo Pink which is almost identical!
- MAC Blushes! I go against the norm by choosing their powder blushes over their cream blushes. Cream blushes just don’t last on me AT ALL! I chose Pink Swoon, Frankly Scarlet and Desert Rose. These are super pigmented apart from Pink Swoon which is a sheer tone blush so for SUPER PALE people or when you want just a light dusting of colour. MAC blushes are by far my favourite and Frankly Scarlet is my favourite of all time because one little dab in the pan and you’re done for both cheeks!
When i got into MAC, no one ever used to mention the prices of the products and nor do they have them listed at the counters. Their foundations range from £16 – £29 so, more than high street but think about Bourjois who have their Healthy Mix range at £11.99! FOR DRUGSTORE!?!?!
Lustre drops are £17.50 so VERY HIGH END for a highlighter. But Benefits infamous High Beam and Moon Beam are around the same too!
Lipsticks are £13.50 and the most staple pieces you could find. Spend the extra money and get them because i think they’re just FABULOUS!
Mac Blushes are $17.50 and this is a lot for a blush. But if you choose a super rich colour that is very pigmented (like most of the MAC range is), you’ll get your money’s worth because the product lasts you so long!
Debenhams are doing duty free prices on all their beauty products at the moment and MAC online have free shipping on orders over £30! So take advantage my fellow Make Up Addicts!